Write Touch Readers’ Award Contest
Wisconsin Romance Writers of America (WisRWA) announces the 2018 Write Touch Readers Award contest for published authors.
Here are the rules for 2018:
- Book must have an original publication date of 2017.
- This contest is open to published RWA members (WisRWA members receive 1 free entry then $25.00 per additional entry) and non-RWA authors ($30.00 per entry).
- Submit either one electronic file (pdf only) OR three copies of manuscript in bound print form. Authors of print entries will be notified where to mail books.
- Each submission will be judged by three readers.
- Judges are readers of the romance genre not associated with the publishing industry or with RWA.
- Ten categories will be offered.
- Three finalists per category will be determined by the highest combined score.
- Winner will be determined by the highest score for the category.
- Final score of entry will be returned to author at end of contest.
- Contemporary – Long: Novels that are set from 1950 to present, 80,000 words or more.
- Contemporary – Midlength: Novels that are set from 1950 to present, 56,000 to 80,000 words.
- Contemporary – Short: Novels that are set from 1950 to present, 40,000 to 56,000 words.
- Erotic Romance: Novels with inherent sexual interactions between characters.
- Historical Romance: Novels set prior to 1950.
- Inspirational Romance: Spiritual elements are a major portion of the story.
- Mainstream Fiction with a Central Romance: A happy-ever-after ending is not required, although a satisfying resolution to the romance occurs.
- Paranormal/Time Travel/Fantasy: “Other world” elements are an integral part of the story.
- Romantic Suspense: Mystery or thriller tone drives the story.
- Young Adult Romance: Navigating young adult experiences drives the story.
- Contest opens December 1, 2017.
- Deadline for submission material is 11:59 CST, February 15, 2018. Print books must be received by deadline to be included in the contest.
- The top three finalists in each category will be notified by email.
- Finalists will be notified by May 15, 2018.
- Winners will be notified by May 31, 2018 and will receive a plaque for their accomplishment.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Gini Athey at writetouch @ wisrwa.org.
Past Winners of the Write Touch Award