Write Touch Readers’ Award Contest
The Write Touch Readers’ Award Contest is CLOSED for entries!
Best of luck to all entrants!
Finalists will be announced May 15, 2018.
Here are the rules for 2018:
- Book must have an original publication date of 2017.
- This contest is open to published RWA members (WisRWA members receive 1 free entry then $25.00 per additional entry) and non-RWA authors ($30.00 per entry).
- Submit either one electronic file (pdf only) OR three copies of manuscript in bound print form. Authors of print entries will be notified where to mail books.
- Each submission will be judged by three readers.
- Judges are readers of the romance genre not associated with the publishing industry or with RWA.
- Ten categories will be offered.
- Three finalists per category will be determined by the highest combined score.
- Winner will be determined by the highest score for the category.
- Final score of entry will be returned to author at end of contest.
- Contemporary – Long: Novels that are set from 1950 to present, 80,000 words or more.
- Contemporary – Midlength: Novels that are set from 1950 to present, 56,000 to 80,000 words.
- Contemporary – Short: Novels that are set from 1950 to present, 40,000 to 56,000 words.
- Erotic Romance: Novels with inherent sexual interactions between characters.
- Historical Romance: Novels set prior to 1950.
- Inspirational Romance: Spiritual elements are a major portion of the story.
- Mainstream Fiction with a Central Romance: A happy-ever-after ending is not required, although a satisfying resolution to the romance occurs.
- Paranormal/Time Travel/Fantasy: “Other world” elements are an integral part of the story.
- Romantic Suspense: Mystery or thriller tone drives the story.
- Young Adult Romance: Navigating young adult experiences drives the story.
- Contest opens December 1, 2017.
- Deadline for submission material is 11:59 CST, February 15, 2018. Print books must be received by deadline to be included in the contest.
- The top three finalists in each category will be notified by email.
- Finalists will be notified by May 15, 2018.
- Winners will be notified by May 31, 2018 and will receive a plaque for their accomplishment.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Gini Athey at writetouch @ wisrwa.org.
Past Winners of the Write Touch Award