Whether you are a beginning writer, or a seasoned, award-winning author, WisRWA is the right place for you!
- Do you want to network with other writers?
- Do you want to meet agents and publishers?
- Do you want to improve your skills and grow your readership?
- Do you want to have a successful romance writing career?
Wisconsin Romance Writers of America (WisRWA) will support you through every stage of your career.
We hold monthly meetings with professional development workshops on the writing craft and publishing (traditional and indie) in five areas across the state – Chippewa Falls, Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee, and Wausau. The groups offer encouragement, industry and marketing information, and educational and critique opportunities.
Every year WisRWA hosts an annual conference or intensive workshop where writers can learn, network, and meet with editors/agents. We also hold two writing contests each year, one for published and one for unpublished writers.
The mission of WISCONSIN ROMANCE WRITERS OF AMERICA is to promote excellence in romantic fiction, to help writers become published and establish careers in their writing field, and to provide continuing support for writers.
Benefits of WisRWA Membership
Top 10 Reasons WisRWA is right for you
- WisRWA gives you access to agents and publishers.
- WisRWA helps you to network with other writers.
- WisRWA provides ongoing workshops on writing craft and the publishing industry.
- WisRWA groups meet in five locations throughout the state.
- WisRWA helps you find mentors and critique partners.
- WisRWA provides a lending library for your professional development.
- WisRWA offers contests for published and yet-to-be published authors.
- WisRWA maintains a research database of subject-matter experts to help you with your character development.
- WisRWA hosts an annual conference packed with industry professionals, workshops, and opportunity.
- WisRWA supports you in every stage of your career!
WisRWA membership is open to any RWA® member in good standing and costs only $25 per year.
See our Calendar page for upcoming meetings and events. See our Board page for contact information if you have further questions about WisRWA.
Founded in 1981, Romance Writers of America® (RWA®) is a national non-profit organization of published and unpublished fiction writers and related professionals. With over 8,000 members located world-wide, RWA® offers many benefits and services:
- A monthly magazine focusing on the business and craft of writing, including current market information
- An annual conference offering workshops, editor/agent appointments, networking with other writers and the annual RITA® and Golden Heart® awards ceremony.
- Professionally judged contests for published authors (the RITA®) and unpublished writers (the Golden Heart®), both highly regarded by the publishing industry.
- A professional relations committee that services members in dealing with problems in the publishing area.
- Special interest chapters.
- Official RWA®-sponsored web site and email discussion groups.
For information about romance publishing and RWA, check out the following links: