13 Ideas to Inspire Creativity
Ever have a deadline and have no clue how you’re going to meet it? That painful moment that seems to last ten years where your brain refuses to engage in thought and you’re left idea-less. I was there just minutes ago when I realized it was my turn to post and I had no topic and no clue what I’d write, so…
I decided to look for help. I googled ways to inspire creativity. Here are 13 ideas to jump start creative thoughts.
- Be grateful. Think about all the blessing and beauty around you.
- Carry a notebook. Jot down thoughts, so that when you’re seeking inspiration you can thumb through and find it.
- That’s a good idea if you’ve started carrying a notebook and have written in it, but if you haven’t, you could doodle.
- Or you could color, if you have crayons.
- Keep the box of crayons out after you finish and see if you can come up with new names for the colors.
- Speaking of colors, go somewhere you can see blue—i.e. gaze into the sky, or skip a stone across a lake or find a blue room you can sit in for a while. Apparently beholding the color blue triggers creativity.
- Take a nap.
- Play a kid’s game like Checkers, Chutes and Ladders, Sorry, or Go Fish.
- Take a walk.
- Do something else you love. For me that might be admiring flowers. Here’s one of my favorite lilies.
- Help someone.
- Just start. Don’t judge the result until you’ve got plenty to judge.
- Seek out other creative people. Ask them to share ideas with you. This is my favorite tip and I know you guys are resourceful. Do you have any suggestions for me?
by: Mia Jo Celeste
Mia Jo Celeste comes from a family of writers and English teachers, so it was no surprise when she chose to pursue both careers. You can find out more about her on her website or on Twitter.
Leave a Reply